Calvary Baptist School admits students of any race, color, and national or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, athletics and other school controlled programs.
Selection of students is based on openings in a particular grade level and an interview with the administration. Family life, church status, and general behavior are considered. It is necessary to disclose, upon applying for admission, any academic or behavioral problems encountered in a student’s previous school experience.
Placement of students is based upon past academic achievement, an entrance test, an interview with the principal and available class openings.
Students must reach the chronological age required for a given grade by September 30 to be placed in that grade.
Enrollment in the school will be finalized upon the completion of the following:
- A complete application
- A personal interview of the parents and prospective student by the administration
- An entrance/placement test (2nd – 12th grades)
- A statement of cooperation, statement of faith, and dress code signed by the parents and returned with the application for admission
- A Tennessee Immunization Card and Birth Certificate
- A transcript from the previous school will be sent to CBS
- Registration is not finalized until all required forms, records, referrals, and transcripts are received and/or completed.
- New students entering CBS will be on probation for the first nine weeks. Their academic work and social adjustment will be reviewed at the end of the first nine weeks.
- We do not accept students who have left other private schools without all previous financial commitments paid in full. Students will not be admitted to CBS immediately following expulsion or dismissal from another private or public school.